Meet Our Experts
For members of the news media who wish to speak with an expert resource on lung health, contact [email protected] or 312-801-7628.
- John R. Balmes, M.D.Professor of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco and Professor of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, University of California, Berkeley
- Rabih I. Bechara, M.D.Board of Directors, Scientific Advisory Committee
- Brian W. Christman, M.D.Scientific Advisory Committee, National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: General pulmonary medicine and health effects of air pollution
- David Tom Cooke, M.D., FACSNational SpokespersonArea of Expertise: Lung (thoracic or chest) surgery, lung cancer
- Norman H. Edelman, M.D.Senior Scientific Advisor to the American Lung Association
- Afif El-Hasan, M.D.National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: Pediatric asthma and lung health
- Panagis Galiatsatos, M.D., MHSAssistant Professor, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine and Community Engagement Co-Director, Baltimore Breathe Center
- Jamie Garfield, M.D.Associate Professor of Clinical Thoracic Medicine and Surgery, Temple Lung Center, Temple University Hospital; Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Internal Medicine Residency; Core Clinical Educator, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University
- Jorge Gomez, M.D.Lung Cancer Expert Medical Advisory Panel, National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: Lung cancer, oncology
- Traci Gonzales, APRN, PNP-C, AE-CNational SpokespersonArea of Expertise: Pediatric asthma
- Payel Gupta, M.D., FACAAINational SpokespersonArea of Expertise: allergy, immunology, pediatrics
- MeiLan K. Han, M.D.Scientific Advisory Committee, ACRC Principal Investigator, National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: COPD, interstitial lung disease, lung transplant and women's respiratory health
- David G. Hill, M.D.Board of Directors, Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel, National Spokesperson
- Meredith C. McCormack, M.D., MHSScientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel
- Andrea McKee, M.D.Lung Cancer Expert Medical Advisory Panel, National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: Lung cancer, lung cancer screening
- Juanita Mora, M.D.National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: allergy and immunology, pediatrics
- Albert Rizzo, M.D., FACPChief Medical Officer
- Cedric "Jamie" Rutland, M.D.National SpokespersonArea of Expertise: pulmonology, critical care
- S. Christy Sadreameli, M.D., MHSNational SpokespersonArea of Expertise: Pediatric asthma and lung health
- Jacob Sands, M.D.Thoracic Medical Oncologist, Harvard Medical School, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Instructor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.