Freedom From Smoking®: The Guide to Help You Quit Smoking
Work through a quit attempt on your own time, at your own pace and on your own through the Freedom From Smoking® Self-Help Guide. This guide is available in English and Spanish, and you can lean on the support of the Lung HelpLine and online community whenever you need it. Visit Lung.org/PrintStore to order your copy of the Freedom From Smoking®: The Guide to Help You Quit Smoking today.
Online Support Community
Chat and connect with other quitters who understand what you are going through on our Inspire.com online community, Quit Now: Freedom From Smoking®. Signing up for a profile is quick, easy and free to access at any time. Start a conversation and meet other quitters, share your quit date and see if there are others who are quitting at the same time. Moderated by Lung HelpLine staff, the online community is a supportive and helpful resource throughout your quit attempt and beyond.
- They gave me a quit date. I did everything they told me to do, and I have never smoked again. They gave me the tools that showed me when I smoked and why I was smoking. It was like a miracle, truly like a miracle. I just kept going—and I'm still going." – Glady
- “One day I happened to run into a friend that worked at our local hospital, who was working with someone at our local health department teaching the smoking cessation classes. I told her to give me a call when the next class starts. A couple months later she called and I decided, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Afterall, what's the harm? If I decided I didn't like it, I could always stop going. Well, thank goodness I didn't do that! A week into the class, I smoked my last cigarette. That was October 1, 2019 and I've been smoke free ever since. I feel so much better, I breathe better, and my blood pressure is the best it's been in over 30 years. I'm so glad today I made that decision to give the Freedom From Smoking® classes a shot.” – Mark Perry
- Why It's Hard to Quit Quick Reference Guide
- Stages of Change Quick Reference Guide
- Using Scaling to Assess Readiness to Quit Quick Reference Guide
- Motivational Interviewing Quick Reference Guide
- Quit Attempts Quick Reference Guide
- Tips to Quit Quick Reference Guide
- Getting Ready for Your Next Office Visit Quick Reference Guide
Addressing Tobacco Use in Black Communities Toolkit
Help Your Employees Stop Smoking
Freedom From Smoking® is used by employers, hospitals, health plans and other organizations to help the individuals they serve become tobacco free for life.
Page last updated: September 20, 2022