Tobacco Policy Reports & Resources
The American Lung Association issues reports and maintains websites on various tobacco control issues. Please see below for a list of current and past reports and resources.
- American Lung Association's State of Tobacco Control
Does your state make the grade? View our State of Tobacco Control report interactive website to find out.
- State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI)
Need detailed information on state tobacco control laws and policies? Check out our State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI) website.
- State Tobacco Cessation Coverage Policy Project Resources
Get up-to-date information about tobacco cessation coverage in your state, as well as many factsheets, reports and resources on tobacco cessation coverage policy.
- Smokefree Multi-Unit Housing Online Course and Resources
See Lung Association resources on smokefree multi-unit housing, including our online course to help people start making their homes smokefree.
- Hookah Smoking: A Growing Threat to Public Health Issue Brief
Is hookah smoking as harmless as people think? See what can be done to slow this growing threat to public health.
- Also, check out our 2007 Tobacco Policy Trend Alert on hookah use
- The Emergence of New Smokeless Tobacco Products
Did you know the tobacco industry has created and started marketing new types of smokeless tobacco products that pose a threat to public health? Read this issue brief to find out how smokeless tobacco may affect your community.
- Big Tobacco's Next Frontier: Sustaining Addiction & Hooking Kids with Other Tobacco Products
Tobacco product manufacturers are successfully attracting a whole new generation of replacement tobacco users. Learn how to protect our children from this growing threat.
- Big Tobacco on Campus (September 2008)
- Find out how college students are victimized by aggressive tobacco industry marketing tactics. This Lung Association report also looks at tobacco use and policies on college and university campuses.
- The LGBT Community: A Priority Population for Tobacco Control
Did you know that Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals are more likely to smoke than the general public? Read our issue brief to learn more about the reasons for this increased prevalence and how to fight it.
- Also see our Disparities in Lung Health Series report: Smoking Out a Deadly Threat: Tobacco Use in the LGBT Community
- Deadly in Pink Report
Special attention can be flattering, but when it comes from Big Tobacco, it's deadly. For decades, the tobacco industry has developed cigarette brands and marketing campaigns aimed at young women and girls.
- Big Tobacco's Guinea Pigs Report
Tobacco companies manipulate their products to recruit new youth users and sustain addiction. This report released by the Lung Association, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids and several other public health organizations, details how they do it.
- Tobacco Trend Report
This data-rich report contains tables and figures describing trends in tobacco use, and related death and disease.
Page Last Updated: September 13, 2018