The American Lung Association issues reports and has a wealth of information on various tobacco control issues. Please see below for a list of current and past reports and resources.
- American Lung Association's State of Tobacco Control
Does your state make the grade? View our State of Tobacco Control report to learn more.
- State Legislated Actions on Tobacco Issues (SLATI)
Find detailed information on each state’s tobacco control laws and policies.
- State Tobacco Cessation Coverage Policy Project Resources
Get up-to-date information about how each state provides access to medications and counseling to help people who use tobacco quit, as well as many factsheets, reports and resources on tobacco cessation coverage policy.
- American Lung Association’s Advocacy Plan to End the Tobacco Epidemic
Read about the 12 key policies that must be implemented to end the tobacco epidemic.
- Smokefree Multi-Unit Housing Resources
See Lung Association resources on smokefree multi-unit housing, including a factsheet for tenants on what to do if they are being exposed to secondhand smoke in their unit.
- Hookah Smoking: A Growing Threat to Public Health Issue Brief (2011)
Is hookah smoking as harmless as people think? See what can be done to slow this growing threat to public health.
- Big Tobacco's Next Frontier: Sustaining Addiction & Hooking Kids with Other Tobacco Products (2012)
Tobacco product manufacturers are successfully attracting a whole new generation of replacement tobacco users. Learn how to protect our children from this growing threat.
- The LGBT Community: A Priority Population for Tobacco Control (2009)
Did you know that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) individuals are more likely to smoke than the general public? Read our issue brief to learn more about the reasons for this increased prevalence and how to reduce it.
Page last updated: January 24, 2024