Back to School with Asthma Checklist
- Develop an Asthma Action Plan with your child's doctor.
- Mark all medications with your child's name, the name of the medication and complete instructions on how it should be used.
- Learn your school's asthma policies and asthma emergency procedures.
- Talk to your school nurse and your child's teacher about your child's asthma and review the Asthma Action Plan.
- Provide the school with your emergency contact information and that of at least two back-up individuals.
- Find out if your child can carry medications while at school. If so, fill out all permission forms for this privilege.
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel. Last reviewed May 23, 2018.
Page Last Updated: August 1, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.