Asthma Care Coverage Database:
Data Last Updated:Download PDF
- Y = Yes, covered for all Medicaid enrollees
- N = Not covered for Medicaid enrollees
- * = Coverage varies across state Medicaid plans
- Y = Yes; barrier exists in all the state Medicaid plans that cover the specified asthma service or treatment
- N = No; barrier does not exist in any state Medicaid plan that covers the specified asthma service or treatment
- * = The barrier exists in some of the state Medicaid plans that cover the specified asthma service or treatment
- NAv = Barrier information is not available for the state Medicaid plans that cover the specified asthma service or treatment
- N/A = The barrier is not applicable for the specified asthma service or treatment
- AL = Age Limit (coverage for individuals under a certain age)
- AR = Age Restriction (coverage for individuals over a certain age)
- CO-PAY = Copayment (a fee a patient is responsible for to receive treatment or service)
- DME = Durable Medical Equipment (treatment or service covered as a DME benefit)
- EC = Eligibility Criteria (indicates a patient needs to meet certain criteria before receiving a treatment or service)
- PA = Prior Authorization (service must be approved before patient receives care)
- QL = Quantity Limit (restricting amount of service or treatment in a specified time)
- SVL = Specialty Visit Limitation (a service or treatment can only be accessed through a specialist and specialty visits are limited to a set number during a year)
- ST = Step Therapy (a treatment or service can be received only after other forms of therapy have been tried)
An error has occured; please try again later. If you are an Internet Explorer user, you must upgrade to version 10 or newer in order to view this content.
This state's data is not available at this time.
The requested state is invalid. Please return.
Page last updated: March 30, 2020