LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day 2019
We sent a force to Washington, D.C., to defeat lung cancer for good.
Lung cancer is the nation's #1 cause of cancer deaths. Too few Americans are aware that if you have lungs, you can get lung cancer. We're going to change that.
On Wednesday, April 10, LUNG FORCE Heroes from all 50 states went to Washington, D.C., to help expose this hidden killer to members of Congress. At our 4th annual LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day, these LUNG FORCE Heroes, who are women and men personally affected by lung cancer, came together to:
- Ask members of Congress to support $41.6 billion for the National Institutes of Health so there can be better early detection, treatments and cures for lung cancer.
- Ask members of Congress to cosponsor S. 466/ HR 1010 and HR 1425 to protect lung cancer patients and others with pre-existing conditions and ensure they can have quality and affordable healthcare.
You can amplify the efforts of our LUNG FORCE Heroes by following four simple steps:
Send an Email to Congress
Tell your senators and representative in Washington, D.C., that we need robust, sustainable and predictable federal funding increases for the National Institutes of Health and why we must protect patients with pre-existing conditions, including lung cancer. We've drafted an email to Congress, all you need to do is fill out your info, personalize (if you want) and send!
Call Your Senators and Representative
Using our Find Your Legislator tool, find the phone number of your members of Congress and on April 10, 2019, call and tell them that we need them to support cancer research funding and protect patients with pre-existing conditions. We have a simple script you can use to make your calls!
Tweet About it
Connect with your senators or representative using suggested tweets below. Please personalize with their Twitter handle (Use our Find Your Legislator tool to find their contact information – click the "+" to expand and access their social media contact information):
- [email protected][INSERT MEMBER HANDLE] I’m joining @LUNGFORCE to ask for $41.6 billion for @NIH #research funding and to protect patients with pre-existing conditions including #lungcancer http://bit.ly/2ofgjMi
- [email protected] is relying on your help @[INSERT MEMBER HANDLE] to support better early detection, treatments and cures for #lungcancer http://bit.ly/2ofgjMi
- [email protected][INSERT MEMBER HANDLE] please protect patients with pre-existing conditions like #lungcancer http://bit.ly/2ofgjMi
Use the LUNG FORCE Facebook Frame
Customize your profile picture with a LUNG FORCE Advocacy Day Facebook Frame. Use this link to add the frame to your profile!