Thank you for your willingness to call your three representatives in Washington about
- the need to continue current healthcare protections, including those for patients with pre-existing conditions,
- providing vital funding for research at the National Institutes of Health.
In order to maximize the effectiveness of your calls, please call on Wednesday, March 25.
You can find the name and phone number of your representative with our Find Your Legislator tool. Enter your ZIP code, and on the page that comes up next, click “expand” to pull up full contact information for each member. Please only call the office of the two Senators and the one House member that represent your state and congressional district (three calls total). Congressional offices in Washington often get lots of calls so if you can’t get through, the link above also provides phone numbers to their state offices.
- My name is XXXXXX and I'm calling from [INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR HOMETOWN/CITY.]
- I'm calling Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] today to ask [HIM/HER] to support $44.7 billion for the National Institutes of Health so there can be better early detection, treatments and cures for lung cancer.
- I also ask that [Senator [INSERT NAME]
Representative [INSERT NAME] ensure that current healthcare protections, including those for patients with pre-existing conditions, will continue.
- [INSERT BRIEF PERSONAL STORY ABOUT WHY THESE HEATLH CARE PROTECTIONS MATTER TO YOU.]
- Can I count on [Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] to ensure current healthcare protections continue, and support research funding for the National Institutes of Health?
- Thank you.
Page last updated: March 25, 2020