Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through with your doctor’s appointment.
- How advanced is my disease?
- Am I contagious? Is my family at risk?
- How often should I provide a sample of mucus for culture at the laboratory?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a flare-up?
- What should I do when I experience a flare-up?
- Is there anything I can do to prevent a flare-up?
- How long does it take for the medication to start working? What should I do if I don’t feel better? What are the side-effects of the medication?
- Should I take an over-the-counter cough and cold product?
- Can you recommend anything that can help me with the emotional toll of having lung disease?
Page last updated: November 17, 2022