The COVID-19 Action Initiative will be used to:
- Expand the Lung Association’s ongoing respiratory research program
- Enhance key public health measures through education and advocacy
- Establish an advanced network to stop future respiratory virus pandemics
Why the American Lung Association?
Expanding Medical Research
A cornerstone of the COVID-19 Action Initiative will be leveraging our existing research network and funding respiratory virus research.
We plan to do this by:
- Expanding COVID-19 research within the current studies of the Airways Clinical Research Centers (ACRC) Network;
- Funding Coronavirus Awards and Grants for preventive research, vaccines, antivirals and to advance future outbreak preparedness;
- Providing ACRC pilot grants to evaluate the effect of COVID-19 on patients with chronic lung disease.
Calling All Researchers
Public Health Measures
Leading Public and Private Forces for Good
Get Involved in the COVID-19 Action Initiative
Support the COVID-19 Action Initiative
Thank You To Our Partners
Page last updated: May 4, 2020