Monitoring Trends in Lung Disease: Data & Statistics
The American Lung Association Epidemiology and Statistics Unit monitors trends in lung disease and behavioral risk factors. We analyze raw data from government surveys available through the National Center for Health Statistics and other agencies to develop reports on lung disease mortality, prevalence, hospitalization, economic costs and risk factors.
This new signature report shows how the toll of lung cancer varies by state by examining key lung cancer indicators including incidence rates, screening centers, survival rates, surgical treatments and diagnosis rates.
- Estimated Prevalence and Incidence of Lung Disease (April 2018)
- Trends in Asthma Morbidity and Mortality (September 2012)
- Trends in COPD (Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema) Morbidity and Mortality (March 2013)
- Trends in Lung Cancer Morbidity and Mortality (November 2014)
- Trends in Pneumonia and Influenza Morbidity and Mortality (November 2015)
- Trends in Tobacco Use (July 2011)
- Trends in Tuberculosis Morbidity and Mortality (April 2013)
Additional data on lung disease topics can also be found using our Lung Disease Lookup.