This year, respiratory illnesses are taking a heavy toll on everyone. Whether it’s COVID-19, RSV or flu, it is more important than ever to find ways to prevent illness and improve lung health this holiday season. The American Lung Association offers many ways to get involved and unique gift ideas that support nationwide efforts to end lung cancer and all lung diseases. While enjoying the wonders of the holidays, don’t forget to give back to the community. Consider these gifts ideas while doing your holiday shopping:
- Shop for a Cause. The Lung Association’s online store offers a variety of gift ideas, including clothing, hats, masks, travel mugs and more. A portion of every sale funds the work of the Lung Association. If you’re shopping on Amazon, you can donate 0.5% of all eligible purchases to the American Lung Association through the AmazonSmile program. Bookmarking the Lung Association on AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support our mission every time you shop. Ebay for Charity is another popular platform that allows everyone who buys or sells on eBay to support causes that matter the most to them. By selecting the Lung Association, 100% of funds raised will go towards defeating lung disease. When purchasing through PayPal, you can donate to the Lung Association with a few extra clicks. Several other organizations like IQ Power Tools, PUSH Collections, Inc., Sunpower and Swiffer offer creative gift ideas for loved ones.
- Donate Your Car. Getting a new car for the holidays? Or sick of scraping snow off your windshield, paying for parking or having your car towed? Donating your old car to the Lung Association can create new hope for those living with lung cancer and lung disease. By simply visiting LungCars.org or calling 1-888-300-LUNG (1-888-300-5864) and filling out a form, your car can be picked up within 48 hours. Your car donation will help fund research and programs to help people who are living with lung disease. Your donation will also count as a deduction on your 2022 taxes.
- Honor Local Heroes by Purchasing at Firefighter Calendar. The Lung Association is honoring firefighters and first responders who competed in Fight For Air Climbs across the nation to raise awareness and funds to support the Lung Association’s vision of a world free of lung disease. Top firefighting fundraisers are featured in the annual calendar alongside fire-safety tips, stats on how fires affect our lung health and more. Purchase a calendar here.
- Plan to Attend a Lung Association Event. Some of the best gifts are experiences, and the American Lung Association offers a number or events for you and your family to get involved in. Our Lung Force Walks and Fight for Air Climbs are a great way to get active while supporting lung health in your community. Visit our events page to find a walk or climb near you.
- Give in Memory of a Loved One. A tribute gift is a thoughtful way to honor or remember someone close to you who has been affected by lung cancer. These one-time or recurring donations can also recognize milestones such as a birthday, wedding, quitting smoking and more. All donations are tax-deductible, and the funds are allocated to lung disease and lung cancer research, new treatments, CT screenings, lung health education and more. For a small additional donation, you can pay tribute to a loved one who's passed away on a memorial wall.
Money raised by all of these efforts fund the Lung Association’s mission to end lung cancer and lung disease. Learn more about how to donate and volunteer at Lung.org.
Blog last updated: August 25, 2023