In order to spread the message about radon’s health hazards, the American Lung Association along with the Illinois Emergency Management Agency, CanSAR, the Environmental Protection Agency Region 5, and Respiratory Health Association of Metropolitan Chicago host the annual statewide Illinois Radon Video Contest. The contest officially starts on January 1st, 2024 and runs until March 15th 2024. Please see below for official rules and details.
Congratulations to the 2023 Illinois Radon Video Contest winners!
2022 Contest Winners
- Watch Out Radon by Jeremy G. from Lemont High School
- Revenge Against Radon by Grant D., Kristina S., Connor L., and Harrison C. from OTHS
- Lil PSA - What Lurks In Your Basement by Kyndal B., Gabe C., Michael P., Elijah Y., and Kaylin Y. from Mahomet-Seymour High School
- Radon PSA by Nathan V., Jessi V., Julia G., and Sam N. from OTHS
- The Radon Outbreak of Illinois by Brady H., Thomas E., Alex P., Andrew O., Aiden A., and Andrew H. from OTHS
- Radon – A Short Film by Tim S. and Ivan R. from Durand High School
- Radon Video Project 2022 by Albert S. ,William K., William H. , and Wesley T.
Lil PSA - What Lurks In Your Basement by Kyndal B., Gabe C., Michael P., Elijah Y., and Kaylin Y. from Mahomet-Seymour High School
2021 Contest Winners
- 2021 Radon Video Contest by Madeleine Y. from Barrington High School
- [Radon] Another Hidden Enemy by Maxwell F. from Granite City High School
- Monster from the earth by Katelyn C. from Barrington High School
- Radon Awareness 2021 by Leonila L. from Centennial High School (Champaign)
- Radon: The Silent Killer by Claire D. from Barrington High School
- Radon PSA by Gabi S. from O’Fallon Township High School
A Call From Radon by Kenna T. from Wheaton Academy and [Radon] Another Hidden Enemy by Maxwell F. from Granite City High Schoo
Page last updated: February 7, 2024