What Goes in an Asthma or COPD Travel Pack?
Putting together an Asthma or COPD travel pack can help ensure you have all of the medicines and instructions you need in one, easily accessible place when you leave home.
When creating your travel pack consider including:
- Both quick-relief and controller medicine (make sure there is enough to get you through your stay, and extra in case you get held-over unexpectedly)
- Medicine delivery devices: nebulizer & spacer
- Copies of your Asthma Action Plan or COPD Action Plan
- An extra written prescription in case medicines are lost or destroyed
- Insurance card and healthcare provider contact information
- A peak flow meter, if prescribed by your healthcare provider
- Allergy medicines, if prescribed by your healthcare provider
Remember to store your travel pack medicines at the correct temperature.
Questions? Call the Lung HelpLine at 1-800-LUNGUSA.
Related Topic: Health & Wellness
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.