Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- How do I know if I have TB?
- How serious is my diagnosis?
- How long will I be contagious and how can I protect my friends and family?
- What medications should I be taking and are there side effects I need to be aware of?
- How can I reduce my likelihood of contracting the disease? What is putting me at risk?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: November 17, 2022