Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through an appointment with your doctor.
- What is the most likely explanation for how I feel and my symptoms?
- Other than sleep apnea, are there other explanations about the way I feel?
- Why do I have sleep apnea?
- What test do I need to do to confirm sleep apnea?
- How do I prepare for this test?
- What are my treatment options?
- Which treatment is best for me?
- What is a CPAP machine?
- What is an oral appliance?
- What do I have to change in my life to improve my sleep apnea?
- What are the complications and risks if sleep apnea is not treated?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: November 17, 2022