Whether you are a physician, nurse, respiratory therapist or another type of healthcare professional treating pulmonary fibrosis patients, it is important to stay informed about PF care, resources and support options.
Expand Your Knowledge:
- Learn more about PF researchers to better understand pulmonary fibrosis and improve treatments.
- Become a trained facilitator for Better Breathers Clubs or Freedom From Smoking, and offer educational programming to help your patients breathe easier.
- Attend a Spirometry Training to learn how to conduct and read spirometry readings.
- View all the professional education opportunities from the American Lung Association.
Connect Your Patients to Pulmonary Fibrosis Resources:
- Point your patients and their loved ones to trusted Pulmonary Fibrosis videos and printed resources.
- Attend a Better Breathers Club—support groups for adults with chronic lung disease
- Join the Patient & Caregiver Network, which is a nationwide, online patient support program providing direct access to education, support and connection to others also living with lung disease.
- Refer your patient to our Freedom From Smoking cessation program to help them quit for good.
- Join our Living with Pulmonary Fibrosis online community at Inspire for peer-to-peer support from others also living with pulmonary fibrosis. Caregivers, friends, and family can join Caring for Pulmonary Fibrosis.
- Call, email or chat with a health professional at our free call center, the Lung HelpLine.
Stay Informed and Join the Fight:
- Sign up for news and updates from the American Lung Association to keep up to date on lung disease, research opportunities and new resources.
- Become an advocate and join our Take Action Network.
- Make a contribution to lung disease research, advocacy efforts and education.
Page last updated: January 31, 2023