Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Am I at risk for PE, PH or CTEPH? What are the factors contributing to this risk?
- How severe is my diagnosis?
- What treatment options do I have?
- What medication would you suggest an what are the side-effects?
- How long will I need to take blood-thinners/medication?
- What can I do to prevent a reoccurrence?
- Do I need to make any lifestyle changes? Dietary changes? Exercise changes?
- Can I get pregnant?
- What can be done to reduce the risk of developing a clot during travel?
- Do I need to schedule any follow-up scans or tests at this time?
- Should I consult any other specialist?
- Do I need to be concerned for any family members, who may be at risk for developing PE?
Page last updated: April 28, 2020