Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Am I at risk for PE, PH or CTEPH? What are the factors contributing to this risk?
- How severe is my diagnosis?
- What treatment options do I have?
- What medication would you suggest an what are the side-effects?
- How long will I need to take blood-thinners/medication?
- What can I do to prevent a reoccurrence?
- Do I need to make any lifestyle changes? Dietary changes? Exercise changes?
- Can I get pregnant?
- What can be done to reduce the risk of developing a clot during travel?
- Do I need to schedule any follow-up scans or tests at this time?
- Should I consult any other specialist?
- Do I need to be concerned for any family members, who may be at risk for developing PE?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: October 23, 2020