Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through an appointment with your doctor.
- What makes you sure of my Pontiac fever or Legionnaires’ disease diagnosis? Could it be a different type of pneumonia?
- How serious is my diagnosis?
- How can we figure out what caused my infection?
- What is the best form of treatment for me? Are there any side effects?
- Will I need a hospital stay? For how long?
- How can I protect myself from contracting Legionnaires’ disease again?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: January 25, 2021