Whether you are a physician, nurse, respiratory therapist or another type of healthcare professional treating COPD patients, it is important to stay informed about COPD care, resources and support options.
Expand Your Knowledge:
- Attend a LUNG FORCE Expo to learn updates in COPD and lung disease management while earning continuing education credits.
- Become a trained facilitator for Better Breathers Clubs or Freedom From Smoking, and offer educational programming to help your patients breathe easier.
- Attend a COPD Educator Course to learn guidelines-based care while earning continuing education credits.
- Attend a Spirometry Training to learn how to conduct and read spirometry readings.
Connect Your Patients to COPD Resources:
- Point your patients and their loved ones to trusted COPD videos and printed resources.
- Direct your patients to in-person and online support groups and learning opportunities:
- Attend a Better Breathers Club—support groups for adults with chronic lung disease
- Refer your patient to our Freedom From Smoking cessation program to help them quit for good.
- Join our Living with COPD online community at Inspire for peer-to-peer support from others also living with COPD.
- Call, email or chat with a health professional at our free call center, the Lung HelpLine.
Stay Informed and Join the Fight:
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: February 23, 2021