Learn as much as you can about your baby’s daily care. This will help you to identify questions early on. Talk to your doctor about BPD and become familiar with the various medications and treatments.
- How severe is my child’s BPD?
- What treatments do you suggest and what are the benefits and the side effects for each?
- What is likely to happen in the short-term and as the baby gets older?
- How long will he/she need treatment?
- What things do I need to be aware of when taking my baby home to prevent complications?
- How do I fit the care of my child into my daily routine?
- Do I need a follow-up visit for my child and how often?
Page last updated: February 27, 2020