To be the best advocate for your child, you may want to make notes before the first appointment with your doctor.
- How severe is my child’s diagnosis?
- How do we know that this is the correct diagnosis?
- What can I do to help my child heal more quickly?
- What medication should my child take and are there any side-effects?
- Should I be concerned about complications or my child developing another infection?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: October 23, 2020