You may want to ask your primary care doctor to refer you to a specialist who has experience managing AAT deficiency. When you are diagnosed with AAT deficiency, you and your loved ones are likely to have many concerns and questions.
Here are some questions that you may want to ask your doctor:
- How do I know if I have AAT deficiency? How severe is my diagnosis?
- Should I visit a specialist?
- What should I expect for my quality of life?
- What lifestyle changes should I make if I am diagnosed with AAT deficiency?
- Am I a candidate for AAT replacement therapy?
- Is my family at risk of developing AAT?
- Is it safe to exercise if I have AAT-related emphysema?
Page last updated: February 27, 2020