For COPD Health Professionals
Whether you are a physician, nurse, respiratory therapist or another type of healthcare professional treating COPD patients, it is important to stay informed about COPD care, resources and support options.
Expand Your Knowledge:
- Attend a LUNG FORCE Expo to learn updates in COPD and lung disease management while earning continuing education credits.
- Become a trained facilitator for Better Breathers Clubs or Freedom From Smoking, and offer educational programming to help your patients breathe easier.
- Attend a COPD Educator Institute to learn guidelines-based care while earning continuing education credits.
- Attend a Spirometry Training to learn how to conduct and read spirometry readings.
Connect Your Patients to COPD Resources:
- Point your patients and their loved ones to trusted COPD videos and printed resources.
- Direct your patients to in-person and online support groups and learning opportunities:
- Attend a Better Breathers Club—support groups for adults with chronic lung disease
- Attend a LUNG FORCE Expo—one-day educational conference on lung health
- Refer your patient to our Freedom From Smoking cessation program to help them quit for good.
- Join our Living with COPD online community at Inspire for peer-to-peer support from others also living with COPD.
- Call, email or chat with a health professional at our free call center, the Lung HelpLine.
Stay Informed and Join the Fight:
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel. Last reviewed February 27, 2019.
Page Last Updated: March 5, 2019
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.