Talk to our experts at the American Lung Association Lung HelpLine and Tobacco QuitLine. Our service is free and we are here to help you. You can connect with us by calling 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872), submitting a question or live chat when available.
Monday-Friday 7 a.m.-9 p.m. CT
Weekends 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
*After hours leave a message and we will respond the next business day.
Who Are We?
The Lung HelpLine is staffed with licensed registered nurses, respiratory therapists, pharmacists and addiction counselors all nationally certified as tobacco treatment specialists. In addition, there are bilingual Spanish speaking staff along with a live language interpretation service for over 250 languages.
How Can We Help You?
Our counselors have a wide-range of experience in the healthcare industry, and it's our mission to provide thorough answers to all of your lung-health related questions and connect you to the resources you need. We can help you with:
- COVID-19 questions.
- Quitting smoking and and all forms of tobacco, including e-cigarettes and vaping.
- Financial aid, medical equipment and health insurance questions.
- Finding a doctor, medical specialist or healthcare center.
- Oxygen therapy resources.
- Managing chronic lung conditions, such as asthma, COPD, lung cancer and pulmonary fibrosis.
- Connecting with support groups.
- Questions about medications, respiratory therapy and pulmonary testing.
Helpful Information and Topics
Page last updated: July 6, 2020