The American Lung Association’s Tobacco Basics is a free one-hour online course that includes five online learning modules designed to lay the foundation in understanding the toll of tobacco use in the U.S.
In this course participants will learn:
- The difference between tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and vaping devices
- The effects of tobacco use on the human body and brain
- Nicotine dependence and why quitting is so challenging
- Proven policies that protect public health from the toll of tobacco
- Programs available to help all tobacco users successfully quit for good
For more then 115 years, the American Lung Association has been the champion of healthy lungs and healthy air. Today, our work is more important than ever.
Continuing Education Credit
This training is nationally accredited for continuing education credit and/or contact hours for respiratory therapists and physicians. Other licensed healthcare providers may claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity, as applicable to their state licensure requirements
- This program has been approved for 1.0 contact hour Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association for Respiratory Care (AARC)
- RMCHCS (Rehoboth McKinley Christian Health Care Services) designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
Page last updated: September 19, 2022