FORT LAURDERDALE, FL | May 28, 2023
Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths in the U.S., and anyone can get this disease. In Florida, it is estimated that over 19,340 people, more than any other state, will be diagnosed with lung cancer in 2023 alone.
“The Sunset Soiree is an engaging fundraising event that will provide hope to people with lung disease and lung cancer, while also funding life-saving lung cancer research,” shares Jill Ginsberg, Esq., of Ginsberg Shulman Attorneys at Law, and Chair of the Sunset Soiree. “We are excited to bring numerous custom elements to this year’s Sunset Soiree. From the most tempting of silent auction items to a sip ‘n’ shop experience like no other, the Soiree will have something for everyone.”
The Sunset Soiree will be a dynamic fundraiser emceed by actor, comedian, and screenwriter Augusto Valverde. The evening will include unique interactive experiences, such as:
- Music stylings by our guest DJ
- A champagne networking reception for Sponsors and VIP Hosts
- Specialty cocktails featuring Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits brands, enhanced by Fever Tree
- Enticing online silent auction sponsored by Ginsberg Shulman Attorneys at Law
- Signature "Light the Way Luminary Procession" honoring LUNG FORCE Heroes, Powered by FPL
- Digital selfie station and photo props by UKG
- Shop For A Cause "Style Lounge" featuring men and women's fashions and accessories curated by The Bungalow Bazaar
- Mission Inspire Moments brought to you by Approved Dispute Resolution - HR Law Pro and Broward Health
- Chance Drawings by Hecker Dermatology
- Special Recognition of our LUNG FORCE Legacy Award Recipient, and LUNG FORCE Distinguished Physician Award Recipient Dr. Mark Block, Chief of Thoracic Surgery at Memorial Healthcare System
- After Party by 626 and the Laszlo Fischer Foundation
Money raised at the Sunset Soiree supports the work of the American Lung Association to defeat lung cancer, improve the air we breathe, reduce the burden of lung disease on individuals and their families, and eliminate tobacco use and tobacco-related diseases. Join our partners at Cleveland Clinic Florida by following us on Facebook @LungSoFla and Instagram @lungsofla, to learn about how to #SharetheSquareCCF and how you can shine a light on lung disease prevention and education.
For tickets or more information about the event, visit http://lungforcesunsetsoiree.org/.
To donate an item to be featured in the online silent auction, and potentially seen by over 42k+ community members, visit: Donate 2023 LUNG FORCE Sunset Soiree Auction Item.
Special thanks to additional partners including WE Florida Financial, Spot Barber Shop and Parent’s Choice Medical Daycare, Ocean Drive Magazine, Audacy Media including 102.7 the Beach, Kiss Country 99.9, 560 Joe Sports WQAM , 104.3 The Shark, 101.5 Lite FM and Power 96, Alhambra Orchestra, Florida Department of Health, and Global Child TV.
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research. The work of the American Lung Association is focused on four strategic imperatives: to defeat lung cancer; to champion clean air for all; to improve the quality of life for those with lung disease and their families; and to create a tobacco-free future. For more information about the American Lung Association, which has a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator and is a Platinum-Level GuideStar Member, call 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872) or visit: Lung.org. To support the work of the American Lung Association, find a local event at Lung.org/events.
We urgently need your help against Big Tobacco!
Saving lives starts by ending the sale of menthol cigarettes and all flavored cigars. Join us in urging the White House to finalize these rules before the end of the year.