Making notes before your or your child’s visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Could I or my child have PCD? How serious is the diagnosis?
- Should I consult a specialist?
- What tests do you suggest?
- I've heard a lot about "airway clearance"—can you explain that a little more?
- What treatment do you suggest? Are there any side effects?
- Do I or my child need intravenous antibiotics?
- Will a lung transplant be needed at any stage?
- Do I need to take any special precautions to manage my/my child’s condition?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: October 23, 2020