Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through an appointment with your doctor.
- How advanced is my disease?
- What is the best treatment for the severity of my condition?
- What medications will I be given and what are the side effects?
- Would pulmonary rehabilitation be a good idea for me?
- Should I use oxygen?
- How much experience do you have with black lung disease, and should I talk to a specialist?
- Will I need a lung transplant?
- How often do I need to have follow-up appointments? Breathing tests or chest X-rays?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: January 25, 2021