Being diagnosed with mesothelioma is a life-changing event with emotional, physical, familial and, often, financial consequences. It is very important to establish strong relationships with a team of experts able to provide support and guidance in all aspects of the management of mesothelioma.
Important questions to ask after being diagnosed with mesothelioma may include:
- How serious is my diagnosis?
- Should I see a specialist? What will it cost me or will my insurance cover it?
- Am I a candidate for a clinical trial?
- What is the goal of my treatment?
- Are there alternative treatment options?
- What are the side effects of the proposed treatment and how will they affect my quality of life?
- What are my options for palliative care to address the management of my mesothelioma?
Page last updated: April 8, 2020