Being diagnosed with mesothelioma is a life-changing event with emotional, physical, familial and, often, financial consequences. It is very important to establish strong relationships with a team of experts able to provide support and guidance in all aspects of the management of mesothelioma.
Important questions to ask after being diagnosed with mesothelioma may include:
- How serious is my diagnosis?
- Should I see a specialist? What will it cost me or will my insurance cover it?
- Am I a candidate for a clinical trial?
- What is the goal of my treatment?
- Are there alternative treatment options?
- What are the side effects of the proposed treatment and how will they affect my quality of life?
- What are my options for palliative care to address the management of my mesothelioma?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: October 23, 2020