Lung cancer patients and their families have many needs as they deal with the challenges of navigating lung cancer. An opportunity to connect with peers in-person can help lower stress levels and improve coping skills.
Interested in becoming a facilitator?
Facilitators are the foundation of the Lung Cancer Support Group program. We’ve created a Resource Center to help your groups run smoothly and effectively which includes:
- The Lung Cancer Support Group Implementation and Facilitator Guide
- Free customizable meeting, marketing and member recruitment materials
- Implementation and Facilitation Training Webinar
- Ways to become involved with your local American Lung Association
To access the Lung Cancer Support Group Facilitator Resource Center please email a request to [email protected].
- The American Lung Association Lung Cancer Support Groups is a program of the Better Breathers Network (BBN), a free nationwide membership-based online support program providing direct access to lung disease management tools, education, and connection to other patients and caregivers. Visit Lung.org/bbn to learn more.
- To join our Lung Cancer Survivors online support community powered by Inspire, visit lungcancer.inspire.com.
- To speak with a lung health professional, contact our Lung HelpLine at 1-800-LUNGUSA or 1-800-586-4872. You can also chat the HelpLine at Lung.org/helpline.
- For up-to-date lung cancer information and resources, visit Lung.org/lung-cancer
For Lung Cancer Support Group Facilitators
Lung Association staff and volunteers can download the Lung Cancer Support Group Implementation and Facilitator's Guide as well as the Lung Cancer Support Group Resource Kit, which contains helpful tools for launching and maintaining a Lung Cancer Support Group. If you are interested in starting a lung cancer support group, please contact [email protected].
Page last updated: November 17, 2022