Advocacy Day Constituent Call Script
Thank you for your willingness to call your three representatives in Washington about the need for Congress to continue protecting patients with pre-existing conditions and providing vital funding for the National Institutes of Health. In order to maximize the effectiveness of your calls, please call on Wednesday, April 10.
Enter your ZIP code, and on the page that comes up next, click "expand" to pull up full contact information for each member. Please only call the office of the two Senators and the one House member that represent your state and congressional district (three calls total). Congressional offices in Washington often get lots of calls so if you can’t get through, the link above also provides phone numbers to their state offices.
- My name is XXXXXX and I'm calling from [INSERT THE NAME OF YOUR HOMETOWN/CITY.]
- I'm calling Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] today to ask [HIM/HER] to support $41.6 billion for the National Institutes of Health so there can be better early detection, treatments and cures for lung cancer.
- I also ask that [Senator [INSERT NAME] cosponsor S. 466 OR Representative [INSERT NAME] cosponsor HR 1010 and HR 1425 to protect lung cancer patients and others with pre-existing conditions and ensure they can have quality and affordable healthcare.
- [INSERT BRIEF PERSONAL STORY ABOUT WHY THESE PROTECTIONS MATTER TO YOU.]
- Can I count on [Senator [INSERT NAME] OR Representative [INSERT NAME] to protect patients with pre-existing conditions like lung cancer, and support research funding for the National Institutes of Health?
- Thank you.
Page Last Updated: April 3, 2019