Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- Am I contagious? For how long?
- Do I need to get a chest X-ray? (Most of the time, the answer is "No.")
- Should I be concerned about having a fever?
- Should I take over-the-counter cough and cold product?
- What are the side-effects of the medications?
- When will I be able to resume my normal activities?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: October 23, 2020