- Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator Position Description
- Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator Report Form
This form should be completed by the Kickin’ Asthma Facilitator after each Kickin’ Asthma Program.
- Kickin’ Asthma Participant Feedback Form
This link should be shared with each Kickin’ Asthma student participant at the end of module 4.
Medication Devices – Instructions (may be printed and distributed to Kickin’ Asthma participants)
- Diskus (Spanish)
- Flexhaler (Spanish)
- MDI with Spacer (Spanish)
- Nebulizer (Spanish)
- Peak Flow Meter (Spanish)
- Twisthaler (Spanish)
- Respiratory Medications Chart
- What is Asthma? animation (Spanish)
- How to use a metered dose inhaler with spacer or valved holding chamber (Spanish)
- How to use a Diskus asthma inhaler (Spanish)
- How to use a Flexhaler asthma inhaler
- How to use a peak flow meter
- How to use a Twisthaler asthma inhaler
- Teach a child to belly breathe for relaxation
The American Lung Association has customizable marketing materials available to promote Kickin’ Asthma through a variety of channels. – COMING SOON
The American Lung Association has been in a leader in asthma management in schools for three decades. The Asthma in Schools landing page on Lung.org has many resources for school personnel and community advocates working with students and families.
- Asthma-Friendly Schools Initiative
- Practical Guidance for Schools and School Districts to Protect Student Lung Health
- Asthma Medications in Schools
- Become an Open Airways For Schools Certified Facilitator
- Help teens quit smoking and vaping by becoming a Facilitator in INDEPTH and N-O-T: Not On Tobacco
- Learn more about e-cigarettes and vaping
The American Lung Association has a wide range of program and advocacy initiatives that can provide a meaningful experience for you and maybe even the families you serve, from joining the Lung Action Network, to sharing your story, or participating in a community event, such as the Fight for Air Climb or LUNG FORCE Walk. Your Lung Association staff contact would be happy to talk to you about local options. Consider inviting a Lung Association representative to present at an upcoming meeting about the work the American Lung Association is doing in your community and ways to get involved in our mission of saving lives by preventing lung disease and promoting lung health.
- Get involved by raising funds and awareness in your community through American Lung Association events.
- Find ways to give and support the American Lung Association mission.
- Put your talents to good use by volunteering and help support people living with lung disease and a future world free of lung disease.
- Inspire others by sharing the story of how lung disease affected you or someone you love.
- Join the Lung Action Network and advocate for public policy initiatives that improve lung health and prevent lung disease.
Page last updated: October 14, 2022