Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor. Some of these questions will not apply to all people with sarcoidosis. Some are hard to answer in one visit and may take more time to answer. A good working relationship with a doctor who understands your disease is the beginning of finding solutions to living with sarcoidosis.
- What is causing my symptoms?
- What kinds of tests do I need?
- How serious is my diagnosis and what parts are my body are affected?
- What medications should I take and for how long?
- What side effects could I expect from my medications?
- What should I look for as a sign that I am improving or getting worse?
- How will you communicate with other doctors who are treating my sarcoidosis?
- How might this disease affect my quality of life?
Page last updated: February 27, 2020