Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through an appointment with your doctor. Below are some questions to ask your healthcare provider.
- What type of LAM do I have and is it inherited?
- How serious is the decline in my lung function?
- What medication do you suggest and what are the possible side effects?
- Will I need additional treatment to control my condition?
- What do I do if my breathing worsens? At what point will I need oxygen?
- When should I consider starting pulmonary rehabilitation?
- At what point and how often will I need imaging studies to assess for tumors in other organs?
- Will I ever be able to get pregnant? Will my children also be affected?
- What form of birth control is safe?
- At what point should we be discussing lung transplant, and what should I expect?
- Is air travel safe for me?
- Is there a LAM specialist in the area that I can be referred to?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: November 17, 2022