Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the appointment with your doctor.
- What tests will I need to confirm my diagnosis?
- Is it safe for me to continue working?
- Are there any work restrictions that I need to follow?
- Do I have to give up my hobbies or my pets?
- Should I avoid hot tubs?
- Do I need to be on steroids?
- Can my family members get the disease if I have it?
- How often should I have follow-up tests?
- Is it safe for me to exercise?
- How will I know if I need oxygen therapy?
Reviewed and approved by the American Lung Association Scientific and Medical Editorial Review Panel.
Page last updated: November 17, 2022