Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Hypersensitivity Pneumonitis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the appointment with your doctor.
- I have been diagnosed with hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to an allergy to a workplace dust. Is it safe for me to continue working?
- Are there any work restrictions that I need to follow?
- Do I have to give up my pet birds?
- Should I avoid hot tubs?
- Can my family members get the disease if I have it?
- What tests will I need to confirm my diagnosis?
- How often should I get lung function tests?
- How often should I get chest X-rays and CT scans?
- Do I need to be on steroids?
- Should I use oxygen?
- Should I continue to receive flu shots and pneumonia shots?
- Is it safe for me to exercise?
- Are there any dietary precautions that I need to take?
- Do I have to take any special precautions for air travel?
- Where can I find more information about hypersensitivity pneumonitis?
Last updated April 4, 2018.
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.