Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Human Metapneumovirus (hMPV)
Many upper respiratory tract infections do not prompt specific questions to physicians, but a number of common questions for respiratory tract infection and prevention can be asked.
- Am I at increased risk for getting a lung infection?
- If I get a lung infection, am I at increased risk for developing severe pneumonia?
- Are there any lung infections that I should be concerned about given my health?
- Am I at risk of having a worse or longer "cold" than the average person?
- What steps could I take to protect myself from getting a cold?
- How long should I wait after getting a cold before it is "too long" and I need to come in and see you?
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.