National Manager, Finance (SPI #1920-44)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a National Manager, Finance to join our incredible team in the Springfield, IL Office. Working as a member of the Finance Team, you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, leading to the accurate and timely preparation of financial reports. Manage accounts receivable, including the processing and collection of receivables, customer follow-up, and posting to and reconciliation of subsidiary and general ledger accounts. Prepare account analysis of receivable, revenue, and expense accounts. Perform monthly grant reconciliation duties. Review daily deposit entries to ensure accuracy. Work with all stakeholders to improve reporting and understanding of operations. Prepare analyses for auditors as requested.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles. Acquire and maintain responsibility for certain general ledger accounts. Provide financial analyses, reconciliations, audit schedules, and variance reports as requested. Assist Director in establishing and documenting, improving and monitoring the internal control environment. Assist with the financial audit preparation process.
- Perform financial and regulatory reporting for all federal funds received.
- Review accounting for restricted grants. Review contracts to ensure proper recognition of revenues.
- Perform monthly investment fund analysis and journal entries reconciliations (inclusive of 3rd party trusts and gift annuities).
- Prepare ad-hoc investment reports for Assistant VP and National CFO.
- Manage all aspects of accounts receivable functions including collections. Prepare aging and summarize past-due accounts. Prepare and distribute related reports within Finance and to pertinent divisions. Invoice customers; follow-up on questions about charges and unpaid balances and notify all parties of overdue invoices and interest.
- Prepare daily deposits (cash receipts, electronic payments and credit card transactions) and maintain cash receipts journal.
- Prepare and analyze reports from the ROI database which will be used as the basis for an ACH transfer for Convio transactions. ACH transfers will take place twice per month.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years of not-for-profit accounting experience at the staff accountant level or higher with experience in account analyses.
- Computerize accounting software experience is highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place; all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.