Director, Health Promotions (AZ #1819-81)
The American Lung Association has a great opportunity for a Director, Health Promotions to join our incredible team in the Southwest Region. Working as a member of the Health Promotion & Education Team you will join an outstanding group of professionals dedicated to our mission: to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease, through research, education, and advocacy.
In this role, you will be responsible for implementing smoke-free living projects and initiatives. Overall project goals focus on influencing policy change toward increased smoke-free living environments, including multi-family apartment communities. Most work will take place in Maricopa County with some travel statewide to provide support to outlying counties via in-person trips/meetings. This is a grant-funded position.
- Supervise program staff in Arizona, New Mexico, and Oklahoma and build effective relationships among employees, and foster a spirit of collaboration and mission.
- Supervise deliverables for five grants related to tobacco control within multi-family housing communities.
- Manage the grant writing process to secure program funding.
- Lead and manage regular communications among internal and external program staff.
- Submit progress reports, including accomplishments, program activities, progress on grant deliverables, and other projects to grant funders and Division Director, Health Promotions, Western.
- Educate stakeholders on issues around smoke-free housing in one-on-one meetings or larger events.
- Oversee the coordination of support for multi-family community stakeholders as they adopt smoke-free policies.
- Work closely with and support strategic partners engaged in smoke-free efforts.
- Oversee the development of educational and promotional materials aimed at audiences, such as multi-family community managers or residents.
- Oversee the collaboration with program staff and consultants on creating key media messages, social media and website content, and other educational tools.
- Recruit, train, coordinate and guide ALA volunteers and Arizona Smoke-Free Living Coalition members to support program staff in outreach, education, and other program activities.
- Deliver presentations, educating select audiences on smoke-free living.
- Work with Manager, Health Promotions to ensure that the Salesforce database is being utilized and managed on a regular basis to protect data integrity.
- Travel required, including to rural counties.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree from accredited four-year college or university equivalent.
- Master's degree preferred.
- At least five years strong supervisory and management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills, with an ability to coach, motivate and develop staff.
- Hold valid driver’s license and be able/willing to attend meetings as requested.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 lbs. (supplies).
- Consistent with its mission, the American Lung Association maintains a smoke-free work place, all employees must abstain from tobacco use in any form.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to (include job title and job number in subject of email):
Human Resources Department
American Lung Association
Email: [email protected]
The American Lung Association is dedicated to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V