Back to School with Asthma Checklist
- Develop an Asthma Action Plan with your child's doctor.
- Mark all medications with your child's name, the name of the medication and complete instructions on how it should be used.
- Learn your school's asthma policies and asthma emergency procedures.
- Talk to your school nurse and your child's teacher about your child's asthma and review the Asthma Action Plan.
- Provide the school with your emergency contact information and that of at least two back-up individuals.
- Find out if your child can carry medications while at school. If so, fill out all permission forms for this privilege.