Impact of Tobacco Use
Need more detailed information on how tobacco impacts specific populations and how the tobacco industry markets its products? We can help.
- Racial/Ethnic Populations - Tobacco use is more common in some racial and ethnic groups than others. Find out which groups are more likely to smoke.
- Women and Tobacco Use – Find out how many women smoke in different populations, how tobacco use harms women's health and how the tobacco industry has targeted women.
- Tobacco Industry Marketing – Learn more on how the tobacco industry targets youth and other populations to market its deadly products.
- Trends in Tobacco Use – This data-rich document with tables and figures depicts cigarette and tobacco use, and related mortality.
- Behavioral Health Disorders – Individuals with behavioral health disorder smoke at higher rates than the rest of the population. Find out what tobacco use looks like for different behavioral health disorders.
Learn about the American Lung Association's programs to help you or a loved one quit smoking, and join our advocacy efforts to reduce tobacco use and exposure to secondhand smoke. Visit Lung.org or call the Lung HelpLine at 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872).
Page Last Updated: June 7, 2018