High taxes on tobacco products are a proven way to reduce tobacco use especially among youth. The current federal cigarette tax is $1.01 per pack, and the current average state cigarette tax is $1.78 per pack. Two states, Kentucky and Oklahoma as well as the District of Columbia have increased their cigarette taxes in 2018.
- Information on State Taxes
- Map of State Cigarette Tax Rates (PDF)
- State Cigarette Taxes by Amount and State
- See your State’s Tobacco Taxes
- See how your state measures up
Looking for more information on state tobacco taxes? Check out this information from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
Looking for more information on federal tobacco taxes? Check out this information from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
Questions? Please contact us.
Page Last Updated: January 30, 2019