Funding for State Tobacco Control Programs
Comprehensive tobacco control programs funded at or above levels recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are extremely effective at reducing smoking rates among both adults and youth. However, only two states, are funding their tobacco control program near CDC-recommended levels in FY2018 (July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018 for most states.)
- Information on Funding for State Tobacco Control Programs
- Map of Funding for State Tobacco Control Programs in FY2018 (PDF)
- See what your state spends on its tobacco control program
- See what your state should be spending
- See how your state measures up
Looking for more information on state tobacco control programs? Check out this information from the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids.
Questions? Please contact us.
Page Last Updated: January 30, 2019
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.