Factsheets, Tobacco Policy Reports and Resources
For more information on specific tobacco policy topics, click on the links below:
- Smokefree Laws and Policies
- Tobacco Taxes
- Funding for State Tobacco Control Programs
- State Tobacco Cessation Coverage
- Tobacco 21
For American Lung Association tobacco policy reports on various topics, please visit our Tobacco Policy Reports and Resources page on our public website.
For several topic-specific lists concerning state laws, click on the links below:
- Laws that Prevent Stronger Local Tobacco Control Laws
Some states keep local communities from passing tougher tobacco control laws. Is your state one of them?
- State “Smoker Protection” Laws
Lists state laws that elevate smokers to a protected class.
For summary information on state tobacco control laws and state tobacco control legislation, see below:
- SLATI Overview
- This report provides an overview of tobacco control laws and related information for all U.S. states and the District of Columbia in 14 key areas.
- State Tobacco Control Legislation
Reports that summarize state tobacco control legislation passed in recent years:
See how your state measures up!
View our annual State of Tobacco Control report.
Questions? Please contact us.
Page Last Updated: January 30, 2019