FT. LAUDERDALE, FL | May 13, 2021
The American Lung Association in South Florida announces the Memorial Cancer Institute LUNG FORCE Sunset Soiree. The Sunset Soiree is presented by the Erwin and Barbara Mautner Charitable Foundation and will take place on June 4 at 7 p.m. as a dynamic virtual experience. The Sunset Soiree is the premier luxury lifestyle event of the season designed to raise awareness, education, and critical funding to end lung cancer. This year’s Sunset Soiree also has the duel purpose of supporting the Lung Association’s COVID-19 Action Initiative.
“We are excited to bring unique elements to this year’s Sunset Soiree, including live music by DJ Irie, curated charcuterie boards by the Grazing Girls Fort Lauderdale, and a mixology kit and live demonstration by Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Fever Tree,” said Lori Adelson, Sunset Soiree Co-Chair and owner of HR Law Pro.
“The last year presented incredible challenges for everyone, but especially people who live with lung disease and lung cancer. The Sunset Soiree is an exciting event that will provide hope to people with lung disease and lung cancer, while also funding life-saving lung cancer research,” added Co-Chair Jill Ginsberg, of Ginsberg Shulman, PL Attorneys at Law.
The Sunset Soiree will be a dynamic virtual experience MC’ed by Kenny Walker of 102.7 the Beach, with entertainment sponsored by HR Law Pro. The evening will include unique elements, such as:
- Special guest performances by DJ Irie;
- Curated charcuterie boards by the Grazing Girls Fort Lauderdale;
- Mixology kit sponsored by Broward Health and live cocktail demonstration featuring Southern Glazer’s Wine and Spirits Brands: Tito’s Handmade Vodka and Fever Tree;
- Online silent auction sponsored by Ginsberg Shulman, PL Attorneys at Law;
- Signature "Virtual Light the Way Luminary Procession" Powered by FPL;
- Virtual Shop For A Cause "Luxury Lifestyle Lounge" featuring home, health and wellness brands;
- Digital Selfie Booth by UKG;
- Chance Drawings by Hecker Dermatology Group;
- Virtual Interactive Mission Banner by Revis, Hervas, and Goldberg, P.A.;
- Special Recognition of our LUNG FORCE Distinguished Physician Award Recipient from Memorial Cancer Institute; and
- Much more!
Money raised at the Sunset Soiree fund the Lung Association’s efforts to end lung disease and lung cancer through education, advocacy and research. It also supports the Lung Association’s COVID-19 Action Initiative, a $25 million investment to address COVID-19 and protect against future respiratory virus pandemics.
This year’s event is sponsored by Memorial Cancer Institute and presented by the Erwin and Barbara Mautner Charitable Foundation. For tickets or more information about the event, visit www.LUNGFORCESunsetSoiree.org.
The American Lung Association is the leading organization working to save lives by improving lung health and preventing lung disease through education, advocacy and research. The work of the American Lung Association is focused on four strategic imperatives: to defeat lung cancer; to champion clean air for all; to improve the quality of life for those with lung disease and their families; and to create a tobacco-free future. For more information about the American Lung Association, a holder of the coveted 4-star rating from Charity Navigator and a Gold-Level GuideStar Member, or to support the work it does, call 1-800-LUNGUSA (1-800-586-4872) or visit: Lung.org.
A Breath of Fresh Air in Your Inbox
Want updates on the latest lung health news, including COVID-19, research, inspiring stories and health information?
Join the 700,000+ people getting our email updates!
Thank you! You will now receive email updates from the American Lung Association.