Whether you are trying to find a diagnosis of your symptoms or have questions about the management of your NTM lung disease, making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through an appointment with your doctor.
- Do you think my recurring symptoms could be caused by NTM?
- What tests would I need to get a diagnosis?
- Should I see a lung specialist (pulmonologist) or infectious disease specialist? Can you make a referral?
- Which species of NTM is causing my infection?
- What will happen if I am not treated for the infection?
- What are my treatment options?
- What are the potential side effects of treatment? How will you track my progress?
- What lifestyle changes should I be making to improve my overall health?
- What should I be doing to limit my exposure to NTM bacteria?
Development of this educational content was supported by a collaborative sponsorship from Insmed Incorporated.
Page last updated: May 13, 2020