Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- What is the most likely explanation for how I feel and my symptoms?
- Other than obstructive sleep apnea, are there other explanations about the way I feel?
- What is obstructive sleep apnea?
- Why do I have obstructive sleep apnea?
- Is it temporary or permanent?
- What test do I need to do to confirm obstructive sleep apnea?
- How do I prepare for this test?
- What are my treatment options?
- Which treatment is best for me?
- Are all treatment options equally effective to treat my obstructive sleep apnea?
- What is a CPAP machine?
- What is an oral appliance?
- What do I have to change in my life to improve my obstructive sleep apnea?
- What are the complications and risks if obstructive sleep apnea is not treated?
- How will treatment help me?
Last updated April 4, 2018.
Sign up for the latest lung health news delivered right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.