Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor.
- What is the most likely explanation for how I feel and my symptoms?
- Other than obstructive sleep apnea, are there other explanations about the way I feel?
- What is obstructive sleep apnea?
- Why do I have obstructive sleep apnea?
- Is it temporary or permanent?
- What test do I need to do to confirm obstructive sleep apnea?
- How do I prepare for this test?
- What are my treatment options?
- Which treatment is best for me?
- Are all treatment options equally effective to treat my obstructive sleep apnea?
- What is a CPAP machine?
- What is an oral appliance?
- What do I have to change in my life to improve my obstructive sleep apnea?
- What are the complications and risks if obstructive sleep apnea is not treated?
- How will treatment help me?
Last updated April 4, 2018.