Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Silicosis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor. You'll want to provide a complete exposure history and work together on making a plan for a team approach to manage silicosis.
- What tests do I need to confirm my diagnosis?
- How can the disease be monitored?
- What choices do I have to assist with my symptoms?
- What is the prognosis for my situation?
- Are there any advances in therapy?
- Are there any counseling resources available?
- Where can I look for information on methods to obtain compensation?
- What options are available to help me quit smoking?
- What vaccines do I need?
- Do I have progressive massive fibrosis?
- Do I need a lung transplant?
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018