Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Silicosis
Making notes before your visit, as well as taking along a trusted family member or friend, can help you through the first appointment with your doctor. You'll want to provide a complete exposure history and work together on making a plan for a team approach to manage silicosis.
- What tests do I need to confirm my diagnosis?
- How can the disease be monitored?
- What choices do I have to assist with my symptoms?
- What is the prognosis for my situation?
- Are there any advances in therapy?
- Are there any counseling resources available?
- Where can I look for information on methods to obtain compensation?
- What options are available to help me quit smoking?
- What vaccines do I need?
- Do I have progressive massive fibrosis?
- Do I need a lung transplant?
Page Last Updated: March 13, 2018
Sign up for the latest lung health news sent right to your inbox.
Join more than 500,000 people who receive research updates, inspiring stories, health information and more.